We are a downtown congregation called to glorify and enjoy God as we worship through Word and Sacrament, make disciples, nurture faith, serve neighbors, and strive for justice.
We are Presbyterian:
- Rooted in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.),
- Governed by elders whom we elect to seek the will of Christ,
- Guided by tradition yet open to reform.
We are downtown:
- Ministers in the heart of Florida’s capital city,
- Neighbors of the poor and homeless,
- Partners with other people of faith.
We glorify and enjoy God:
- Who loves the world,
- Who saves by grace,
- Who is revealed as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We worship through the Word and Sacraments:
- Gathering around Scripture, Font, and Table,
- Making music that honors God,
- Sharing with joy the work of God’s people.
We make disciples:
- Calling people to repentance and new life in Christ,
- Demonstrating God’s love through concrete acts,
- Engaging the mind as well as the heart.
We nurture faith:
- Studying the Scriptures,
- Teaching and learning the Christian tradition,
- Guiding young and old to know and follow Christ.
We serve neighbors:
- Caring for one another,
- Reaching out to all,
- Working to improve our community.
We strive for justice:
- Holding government accountable before God,
- Ordering our lives to show God’s love for the least among us,
- Exercising a proper stewardship of God’s creation.