We are currently seeking to hire a Financial Administrator. This is a part-time position (20 hours per week) responsible for the day-to-day fiscal operations of the congregation.
The Financial Administrator reports directly to the Pastor, as head of staff, and works closely with the Pastor and church administrator. The Financial Administrator works collaboratively with the Treasurer, an officer of the Session, which is the governing body of the congregation.
The position requires an ability to work independently. In addition, the position requires an ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, including the Session, various committees, and individual members of the congregation.
To apply, please forward a resume and your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn systems and software used in the congregation’s accounting and record keeping
- Good time management
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of information relating to members of the congregation
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting and database management software or the functional equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- Financial Management: Use accounting software to record information and generate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Record income and assign to appropriate accounts. Maintain and reconcile bank accounts. Prepare checks for signature and allocate expenditures. Provide necessary information to process payroll. Provide receipts for pledges and donations; distribute member statements electronically three times per year. Communicate with Board of Pensions representative regarding any rulings affecting church employees and report potential issues to the head of staff.
- Committee Support: Work with Property Team and church administrator to receive and evaluate bids for office equipment, property maintenance, and repairs. Keep an inventory of vendor contracts and renewal dates. Attend Session and/or committee meetings as requested by head of staff to provide financial reports or other information if Treasurer cannot be present. Maintain records of all memorials and bequests and report them to Session and Endowment committee.
- Insurance Administration: Prepare audit for Workers Comp Insurance. Maintain file of insurance certificates for all contractors and companies doing business with the church. Update property appraisal every three years; interface with insurance agency as necessary.
Pay: $16-20 per hour
Schedule: To be determined